Marketing an Image for Main Street
8-1/2" x 11", softcover, 113 pages, Main Street Center, $33.
Temporarily Sold Out.
Marketing an Image for Main Street has been used in thousands of downtowns across the country.
Its broad scope provides both the novice and the experienced marketer with a solid background in all aspects of launching a marketing program: from determining the downtown brand, to creating a range of marketing programs that build on and support the brand.
The authors organize the often unwieldy job of marketing the downtown area into five basic steps:
Step one: Develop a strategic market position for the downtown area.
Step two: Move from market position to downtown brand — the words, images and perceptions people will associate with your downtown.
Step three: Incorporate the downtown brand in a consistent way through all of the materials produced by the downtown organization.
Step four: Develop special events and festivals that reflect and reinforce the downtown brand.
Step five: Develop retail activities and programs that reflect the downtown brand.
Step six: Communicate downtown progress to create a self-perpetuating cycle.
Table of Contents (partial)
- Whats in an Image?
- Who does what in image development
- How have downtowns dealt with image in the past?
- Supply and Demand
- Developing your position statement: Defining your image
- Market analysis
- Measuring sales demand
- Packaging the Image
- Brand identity
- Crafting a tagline
- Merchandising your image
- Case Study: Branding downtown Boulder, CO
- Creating the Right Image with Graphics
- The significance of graphic design
- Uses of good graphic design
- Marketing Your Image Through Special Events
- The role of special events
- Case Study: Livermore Wine and Honey Festival
- Tapping the Customer Base
- Cooperative retail events
- Cross-retail promotions
- Individual store promotions
- Advertising fundamentals
- Creating Media Campaigns
- Press tools
- Building relationships with the press
- Sample press release
Your Guarantee of Satisfaction
Marketing an Image for Main Street is guaranteed. If you are not 100% satisfied, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund.
About the Authors
Marketing an Image for Main Street was written by a team of experts from the National Main Street Center in Washington, D.C.