Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment
8-1/2" x 11", softcover, 117 pages, National Trust Main Street Center, $33.
This is no longer available from us.
This workbook was designed for downtown and commercial district revitalization organizations that want to improve the mix of businesses in their districts by helping existing businesses thrive, and by recruiting new businesses to fill gaps in the market.
The workbook combines a wealth of useful information with a fill-in-the-blank format so that a volunteer business development team can work through the process at its own pace.
The workbook contains six sections:
- Determining business opportunities: Developing an appropriate list of business opportunities using market analysis data.
- Testing business opportunities: A series of quick exercises to test whether a business might have the potential for success in the market.
- Developing a business retention program: Why and how to retain a business, spot retailers problems, and provide special assistance.
- Business recruitment program: Step by step directions on successfully selling your downtown to a business prospect and developing a recruitment packet with format suggestions and examples.
- Resources: A listing of agencies and organizations that can provide information.
- Extra forms: To photocopy for your own calculations and evaluations.
Table of Contents
Determining Business Opportunities
- Analyzing the market
- Market position statement
- Identifying complementary businesses
- Strengthening business clusters
- Defining opportunities for target customer groups
- Identifying gaps in the business mix
- Business opportunities chart
Testing Business Opportunities
- Business mix and potential customers
- Testing product demand
- Potential sales vs. existing sales
- Evaluating sales per day
- Evaluating occupancy costs
- Evaluating the competition
Developing a Business Retention Program
- Assessing business problems
- Improving existing businesses
- Developing and implementing the program
Business Recruitment Packages
- What to include
Your Guarantee of Satisfaction
Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment is guaranteed. If you are not 100% satisfied, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund.
About the Author
Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment was written by a team of experts from the National Main Street Center in Washington, D.C.