Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment
This book is out of print.
A practical alternative is Business Recruitment and Retention.
This brief executive report will show you how downtown organizations, chambers of commerce, and economic development leaders are working together to strengthen at-risk businesses and bring the best new businesses downtown.
Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment was developed to help downtown groups recruit new businesses and help existing businesses thrive.
The workbook combines a wealth of useful information with a fill-in-the-blank format so that a volunteer business development team can work through the process at its own pace.
The workbook contains six sections:
- Determining business opportunities: Developing an appropriate list of business opportunities using market analysis data.
- Testing business opportunities: A series of quick exercises to test whether a business might have the potential for success in the market.
- Developing a business retention program: Why and how to retain a business, spot retailers problems, and provide special assistance.
- Business recruitment program: Step by step directions on successfully selling your downtown to a business prospect and developing a recruitment packet with format suggestions and examples.
- Resources: A listing of agencies and organizations that can provide information.
- Extra forms: To photocopy for your own calculations and evaluations.
Table of Contents
Determining Business Opportunities
- Analyzing the market
- Market position statement
- Identifying complementary businesses
- Strengthening business clusters
- Defining opportunities for target customer groups
- Identifying gaps in the business mix
- Business opportunities chart
Testing Business Opportunities
- Business mix and potential customers
- Testing product demand
- Potential sales vs. existing sales
- Evaluating sales per day
- Evaluating occupancy costs
- Evaluating the competition
Developing a Business Retention Program
- Assessing business problems
- Improving existing businesses
- Developing and implementing the program
Business Recruitment Packages
- What to include
Your Guarantee of Satisfaction
Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment is guaranteed. If you are not 100% satisfied, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund.
About the Author
Fill-in-the-Blank Business Recruitment was written by a team of experts from the National Main Street Center in Washington, D.C.