Downtown Promotion Reporter
Bringing more people downtown to live, work, shop, and play.
Each month, in the pages of Downtown Promotion Reporter, youll find the best and most creative promotional ideas from around the country. Its like sitting down with a dozen of the most experienced downtown marketers and listening in as they share what they are doing now and why.
Over the course of a year you will have assembled hundreds and hundreds of valuable ideas and insights that you can put to work for your community.
Heres just a small sample of what were talking about in the pages of Downtown Promotion Reporter:
- Supporting local businesses. Promoting a shop local philosophy and bringing independently owned small businesses front and center through advertising, events, and promotions.
- Building a positive image. Using creative branding to highlight your communities strengths and create a positive and memorable identity. Then supporting that identity with signature wayfinding, public art, special events, retail promotions, and more.
- Embracing social media. Identifying downtown sites and experiences worth tweeting, posting, and sharing. Then turning the general public into an army of downtown marketing volunteers.
- Enhancing regional marketing. Partnering with other downtowns, cities, and regional groups to expand marketing and tourism potential.
- Targeting groups. Developing campaigns to reach specific population segments such as downtown workers, residents, visitors, millennials, and children.
- Keeping downtown events fresh. Introducing new activities and experiences to ensure that classic events remain fresh and continue to appeal to the next generation of downtowners.
Youll learn how these programs are organized, funded, and staffed. Youll see samples of their marketing and promotional materials including print, online and social media. And youll learn how to adapt these programs to your downtown.
We often have valuable background material, booklets, guides, postcards, TV and radio ads, and more that we just cant fit in the newsletter. Youll have access to these materials in the Web Extras section of the website.
With your subscription, youll receive Essentials for Downtown Marketing & Promotion. This special report brings you 12 indispensable techniques for downtown marketing and promotion. They reflect the ongoing impact of social media and other technologies, the strong influence of millennials, the growing popularity of participatory events, and the need to support local businesses.
If you are ever dissatisfied, just let us know. We will promptly refund the full subscription price. The newsletters and welcome gift you have received are yours to keep.